This is a checklist of items to either set or adjust before hosting a file to Claris/FileMaker Server. Typically, these settings cannot be changed after the file is hosted.
- File > Manage > Database > Tables > View by: Table name
- File > Manage > Database > Fields > View by: Field name
- File > Manage > Custom Functions > View by: Function name
- Preset or clear any default global fields.
- File > Manage > Security > Advanced Settings > Privilege Sets: confirm sharing settings. At a bare minimum [fmapp] should be set on [Full Access].
- View > Layout Mode > Inspector > Position tab (first one) > Grid > Major & Minor values set as desired (also checkboxes for grid snap and visibility)
- View > Layout Mode > Inspector > Position tab > Position > set desired units (in, cm, pt - toggle by clicking the current value)
- View > Formatting Bar > toggle as desired (note: separate settings between Browse & Layout Modes)
- View >
Resetting global field values on hosted files
Here's a useful trick for changing the contents of a global field when a file is already hosted. Temporarily change the field type to a Calculation type with a result of your newly desired global value. Exit the Manage Database dialog so the update is written, then re-edit the field again setting it back to its original data type. This should update the global value saved within the file.