- Always hide the layout within the Manage Layouts dialog by unchecking it. (Don't allow it to be viewed)
- Use the color Cyan in the header as a visual reminder about the layout is a script layout.
- Identify external tables within the header by adding the file name (including .fp7)
- Limit the view method to Form in order to avoid performance issues with FileMaker version 11 and earlier
- Do not assign any trigger for Script layouts in order to avoid any interferences with scripts
- Instead of the @ prefix (used for Developer layouts) use another character (I like § that reminds me something like a gear and a stylized 'S' too) in order to distinguish Script layouts.